Karbak Ventures Limited is an industrial engineering/servicing contracting firm.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Water Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Water engineer shall undertake a wide range of technical and non-technical duties in their role of supplying, managing and maintaining clean water and sewage/waste water services and preventing flood damage.
- The Water engineer shall work on projects such as flood defence schemes, sewage improvement programmes etc at all stages – from conception and planning to completion and handover.
Duties and responsibilities
- Shall monitor flood levels
- Shall supervise staff and site workers
- Shall produce designs, both initial outlines and full plans, of sewerage, water treatment and flood defence structures such as pump systems and pipe networks
- Shall manage and maintaining water and sewerage infrastructure operations
- Shall present project details and technical information to colleagues and clients
- Shall write reports
- Shall manage project budgets
- Shall keep up to date with changes in regulatory legislation and guidelines
- Shall write and advertise tender documents and managing contracts
- Shall liaise with clients, contractors, government agencies, local authorities and suppliers
- Shall use a variety of specialist computer applications/simulation software
- Shall ensure that projects keep to budgets and timescales
- Shall maintain an awareness of current environmental issues.
Requirements / Skills / Qualifications
- Degree in Water Engineering or related discipline
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team-working skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Good time management
- IT skills
- Communication skills