Trefoil Networks Limited is incorporated in Nigeria and Licensed by the NCC and the NBC. With over 15 years of operations, we have provided across every state in Nigeria, and most of West and Central Africa. In depth technological knowledge, ground breaking innovations, National and International partnering agreements, enable us to provide affordable and simple solutions that are specific to different user needs and applications.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Technical Support Officer
Job Location: Abuja
Reports to: Technical Support Manager
- The Technical Support Officer works for the Division's Network Operation Center, as part of the Field and Technical Support Engineering Unit, including wireless network, Satellite and Internet Access sub systems and networked systems.
- Keeps a watchful eye over end nodes, taking preventative reporting steps to ensure many issues do not occur.
- Responsible for supporting remote monitoring and management (RMM) software.
- Monitors infrastructure health, security and capacity on a clients' environment.
- Performs specialized duties in support of Network planning, installation, testing, and deployment of hardware (router, switches, gateways, etc.) and applicable software.
- Responsible for day to day monitoring of networked systems and software hardware and storage components, maintaining equipment database and records, providing field support and installation, and providing online customer support.
- Creates alerts (or ?tickets?) that identify and categorize the issue based on severity, alert type and other criteria.
- Responsible for monitoring with a view to capture availability/performance/capacity metrics of customers sites.
- Provides 1st level troubleshooting and repair via technical phone supports and emails to Resellers and End Users.
- Any other duties as assigned by line manager or management
- LAN / WAN Network design Technical Training for staff and customers. Responsible for all projects to be completed on time. And performs system integrations. Other assigned duties as applicable.
Qualifications / Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Certification in Microsoft, Linux, or Cisco. Is an advantage
- Experience in tech support, desktop support, or a similar role.
Competencies / Skills:
- Proficiency in Windows / Linux / Mac OS.
- Experience with remote desktop applications and help desk software.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
Behavioral Qualities / Other Competences
- Detail Oriented
- Personal integrity and high work ethical standards
- Logical thinking