DRO Health Limited is an exciting new start up Telehealth Company with an innovative approach to healthcare in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Software Engineer
Job Locations: Remote from Lagos, Abuja, or Uyo, Nigeria
- We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team of engineers to heavily contribute to scaling the IT operations of our startup.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring application stability, directly working with the CTO & development teams to rapidly respond & resolve system incidents and user queries, and most importantly, contribute to the development of minor and major features for DRO Health Limited.
- Maintaining and improving current features on the DRO Health platforms
- Developing new features
- Overseeing the data integrity of the DRO Health platforms
- Reviewing and assessing client feedback
- Investigating and diagnosing network problems
- Rapidly fixing bugs
- Assisting with user acceptance of applications enhancements
- Continuously using our product tools (ClickUp & Slack) to effectively manage requirements, update statuses of tasks, collaborate with other engineers and departments, as well as communicate with them
- Participating in weekly team meetings & Slack standups
- Assisting in Quality Assurance testing of platforms
- Planning for business continuity & disaster recovery
- Identifying, designing and implementing proactive patterns that prevent system problems
- Technical support and maintenance of existing applications and surrounding infrastructure.
Required Experience and Personal Skills
- Must be able to work remotely
- Must have a fully functioning laptop and fast internet
- Must have a portfolio of showable previous work
- Writes clean, structured code
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage expectations
- Be able to clearly explain issues to others
- Be able to work both independent and within a team environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Recognizes the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Required Programming & Technical Skills:
- Excellent in Python & Django
- Git using the gitflow workflow
- AWS (RDS, EC2, S3, SES, Route53)
- Front end development (HTML5, CSS3, Bootstrap 4, JS & JQuery). Ability to use frontend engines like VueJS is a big plus.
- Ansible is a plus but not required
- CI/CD with Jenkins is a huge plus.