Uraga Real Estate is the real estate business unit of the Honeywell Group. The Company invests and develops in all sectors of the real estate market in Nigeria and other select West African countries, to include Residential, Retail, Offices, Industrial/ distribution warehouses, other commercial properties and the hospitality sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Site Engineer
Job Location: Lagos
- Responsible for providing technical supervision, overseeing the daily activities on the construction site , planning, managing and tracking the progress of construction projects in accordance with statutory professional standards, to stipulated quality and in line with international best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing construction projects on site
- Overseeing building work
- Undertaking surveys
- Setting out sites and organizing facilities
- Checking technical designs and drawings to ensure that they are followed correctly
- Supervising contracted staff
- Ensuring projects meet agreed specifications, budgets or timescales
- Liaising with clients, subcontractors and other professional staff, especially quantity surveyors and the overall project manager
- Providing technical advice and solving problems on site
- Preparing site reports and filling in other paperwork
- Liaising with quantity surveyors about the ordering and negotiating the price of materials
- Ensuring that health and safety and sustainability policies and legislation are adhered to
- Involved in planning entire projects and documentation. This includes budgeting and access to materials required.
- Schedule the project in logical steps and budget time required to meet deadlines which may require sophisticated estimating and scheduling techniques and use of computers with specialized software.
- Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients, representing the owner or developer.
- Direct and supervise workers in adherence to the construction specifications.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific pieces of the project, such as painting, plumbing, tiling, etc.
- Requisition of supplies and materials to complete construction projects.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with delays from bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve matters such as work progress, procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper measures are taken to mitigate a re-occurrence of such cases.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans.
- Oversee the delivery and use of materials, tools, and equipment; worker productivity and safety; and the quality of construction.
- Depending upon the contractual arrangements, direct or monitor compliance with building and safety codes, other regulations, and requirements set by the project’s insurers.
- Monitoring and supervision of all contracts and subcontracts for the agreed quality, cost and time as outlined in the contract.
- Supervision to ensure that correct processes are in place to avoid or minimize accidents on site to the barest minimum.
- to ensure that all works on site are carried out in line with the legal requirements and Building Regulations
Competency and Skills Requirements:
- Proven working experience in similar role
- Good knowledge of construction management processes
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects and multi-task to meet deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Project management software and any other relevant tools required for the role
- Knowledge of current building and construction procurement processes and technologies, sourcing of building materials, business management solutions and legal affairs.
- Knowledge of current technology trends in construction
- Outstanding negotiation skills
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Master’s degree or professional degree in construction management.
- 5 -7 years’ experience in Construction Site Management.
- Must have experience with multi-storey construction.
- Must be Member of relevant professional body in Nigeria (COREN, NSE)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet established timelines.
- Strong written and verbal communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Ability to identify, resolve problems and develop alternative solutions in a timely manner.
- Detailed, oriented and organized work habits.
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Candidates should have excellent time management and organizational skills.