EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a chain of clinics spread across Nigeria that provides innovative and technology-driven healthcare to the population. EHA Clinics currently boasts of three Clinics located in Abuja and Kano and is working to expand to other parts of Nigeria. EHA Clinics uses state of the art equipment to bridge the gap in the provision of high quality diagnostics and healthcare through routine services (general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography...etc) and specialized services (telemedicine, medical evacuation, home care, dental care, ophthalmology and radiology).
Within every clinic location, EHA Clinics simultaneously implements a Community Health Program which utilizes an innovative financing mechanism to promote universal health coverage and access for the low-income, uninsured and underserved population through a low-cost, pro-poor prepayment scheme. These programs form the basis of care EHA Clinics provide, catering to different cadres of the population based on economic profiles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Senior Finance Officer
Job Location: Abuja or Kano (Some travel may be required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)
Department: Business and Administration, EHA Clinics
Reports To: Business and Admin Manager
Diision: EHA Clinics
Summary of Job
- The Senior Finance Officer is responsible for all aspects of financial management of the clinic’s projects and day-to-day activities, ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies and procedures as well as parent organization’s regulations.
- The Senior Finance Officer will also design the yearly budget and plan for the organization, under the supervision of the Business and Admin Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this role successfully, the Senior Finance Officer will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Maintains specified clinic financial records; maintains and reconciles account ledgers; maintains and enters monthly journal entries, maintains and reconciles bank accounts. Analyzes accounts to trace discrepancies or errors.
- Apply basic accounting knowledge and techniques to all areas of work, including routine costing and variance analysis.
- Assist in clinic's compliance with established policies and regulatory standards, including safety, environmental and legal requirements, and policies and procedures, both internal and external.
- Management of financial operations in all branches of eHA clinics and affiliated programs, in accordance with the company’s policies; including systems for cash flow management, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls and financial reporting
- Train and supervise finance staff in the organization.
- Maintain banking relations, plan and monitor company cash flow requirements to ensure the smooth running of the clinics
- Prepare monthly standard accounting submissions to the Management, for review by the Finance and Administration Manager, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner
- Assist in preparation of annual audit. Provides accurate and reliable information as needed for any other reports or audits as requested.
- Analyze and report fiscal activity, makes recommendations and takes appropriate action to reduce the cost of providing services.
- Prepare monthly management reports to the Business and Admin Manager and Senior Management as required, including detailed Profit and Loss Statements, expenditures by cost center and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner
- Support Business and Admin Manager in preparation of ad hoc reports for presenting to stakeholders.
- Assist Business and Admin Manager in developing annual budgets.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to EHA Clinics and to not jeopardize its reputation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Training
- Bachelor degree / B.COM / or equivalent in Accounting or Finance is required
- Advanced knowledge of Accounting ERP packages
- Minimum of five years of progressive financial management experience is required
- Professional qualification in accountancy such as CFP, ANAN, ACCA, ICAN is an added advantage
- Minimum of three years of experience from a healthcare organization is preferred
- Demonstrated experience and skills with budget preparation and analysis, financial reporting preparation and presentation and the proven ability to translate technical financial data into informative reports
- Strong accounting skills and experience, including the management of general ledger, journal entries, payroll, payables, and balance sheet
- Advanced computer skills in Google Suite programs, particularly Google Sheet
- Prior staff supervisory experience and strong organizational skills are desired
- Excellent oral and written English skills
- Previous knowledge of Odoo will be an advantage
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and teamwork
- Time management and organization
- Good communication and excellent interpersonal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
- Good analytical skills are essential
- A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
- Planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within the given deadline
- Approachable and willingness to listen and assist finance and non-finance colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the financial management area
- S/he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in a healthcare human capital management.
- Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.