Energy Web is a global technology organisation accelerating a low-carbon, customer-centric electricity system by building an open-source digital Operating System to address the rapidly increasing complexity of modern electricity grids worldwide. Our mission is to catalyze the development and adoption of Web3.0 solutions that increase the utilization of green energy and reduce carbon emissions at the gigaton scale.
To do so, we work with our global network of Member organizations to develop and deploy the Energy Web Decentralized Operating System (EW-DOS), a full stack of decentralized infrastructure services and software development toolkits focused on self-sovereign identities, renewable energy markets, and grid integration of distributed energy resources. It's all anchored by the Energy Web Chain, the first open-source, enterprise blockchain platform tailored to the energy sector.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Rust Developer (Junior / Senior)
Job Location: Remote
- We are seeking an experienced Rust developer to join our growing team and contribute to the Energy Web Relay Chain.
- The ideal candidate should have experience in Rust (or other systems programming languages), and focusing on writing high performance and high-security code such as but not limited to:
- As a member of the core engineering team, you will be working on distributed ledger technology implemented in Rust, all the way up and down the stack from the P2P layer to consensus algorithms, smart contract systems, proof of stake incentive mechanisms, privacy enhancing cryptographic components and on-chain governance procedures.
- Working with the Product Owner and Solution Architect to deliver the EWT staking implementation in support of decentralised service level agreements.
- Produce technical specifications of distributed ledger protocols or protocol upgrades in coordination with other team members
- Evaluate algorithmic complexity, incentive compatibility, and implementation difficulty of possible new protocols
- Implement protocols in performant and cleanly abstracted Rust code
- Comprehensively document and test protocols and protocol changes
- Benchmark implementations and adjust both high-level architecture and low-level details in order to optimise for performance while retaining semantic correctness
- Experience with Rust (or other systems programming languages), particularly writing high-performance high-security code.
- You have a keen interest and/or direct experience with blockchain, decentralised technology and Web 3.0 technologies, especially Ethereum, smart contracts and/or Polkadot/Substrate.
You are a strong candidate if:
- You have prior experience with systems programming and working with Rust.
- Deep familiarity with Rust abstractions, memory management and concurrency.
- Comfortable working in an agile setting like SCRUM, Kanban, XP.
- Self-motivated and organised.
- Interested in open-source technology and research applied to DLTConduct code reviews in coordination with other team members and help maintain a high standard of quality across the codebase.
- English language is a must, but additional language skills are a bonus.
- Previous experience with large scale distributed systems.
- Past experience with network and systems engineering
- Knowledge of database design and optimisation
- Developing within a blockchain environment
- Prior experience in implementing cryptography
Why you’ll love working at Energy Web:
- An opportunity to transform the global energy sector: We’re working with our members to build the world’s first public, open-source digital infrastructure for the energy industry. If we’re successful, EW-DOS will fundamentally change the way the grid operates, replacing a legacy system based on top-down management of fossil fuel assets with a distributed system based on renewables and customer-owned assets.
- Every day is an adventure: What we’re doing has never been done before; instead of following a playbook, we’re writing it. We operate like a startup and you’ll collaborate with multiple internal teams and external partners ranging from innovative startups to some of the world’s largest companies.
- Development opportunities: As a member of the Energy Web team, you’ll work alongside a team of energy sector and technology experts and gain firsthand experience working with partners from around the world to deploy an enterprise-grade, decentralized digital infrastructure.
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Working with cutting-edge tech stack, especially decentralized technologies (EWC and Utility Layer)
- Become an expert in the latest blockchain technologies
- Remote and flexible work environment where our teams enjoy a high degree of freedom to help us achieve our vision - where remote, prefer if located within +/- 7 hours Central European Times.
- Hubs in Berlin, Zug, Amsterdam and Colorado as well as remote friendly working environment
- Development opportunities because we value your initiative and learning goals