Mkobo is currently pivoting to a full service digital bank/Neobank. Our goal is to help hard working Africans to grow their wealth by making it easy for them to earn, save, spend and invest their hard earned money. We are currently recruiting for dynamic, creative, flexible and experienced team members with a passion for everything technology and a commitment to add their quota to the success of our vision.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Recovery Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
The primary purpose of this position centres on ensuring the Bank’s operations are properly designed, documented and managed. The positions covers:
- Risk Management (Credit risk Analysis).
- Debt Repayment.
- Asset/Collateral Recovery and Maintenance.
- PAR (Portfolio at Risk) and Credit Monitoring.
- NPL (Non-Performing Loans) and PDO (Past due Obligations) review and recovery.
- In-depth knowledge of Debt/Asset Recovery Policies.
- Follow up on major debtors to resolve Loan repayment challenges before default.
- Working to repossess/recover Assets and properties of defaulting Loan Clients e.g; Bikes, Cars e.t.c..
- Monitor Loan Portfolio of the Bank for the purpose of resolving issues with NPL (Non-Performing Loans) and scaling down the overall Portfolio at Risk of the Bank.
- Carry out regular calls, site and follow-up visits, to implement remedial strategies and action plans agreed with the Team Lead.
- Raise and tender Demand Notices to defaulting customers of the Bank.
- Review all credit files for proper documentation and monitoring.
- Provide progress reports on interactions with Loan Customers in respect of Loan repayment status.
- Monitor and obtain background information and feedback on all accounts assigned to the Assets & Recovery Agencies to ensure Accounts to them are fully recovered.
- Monitoring and recovery of Past due obligations/Expired Loans in the Bank.
- Follow up on sale of securities deposited for collateral alongside the legal department after other remedial strategies have been exhausted.
- Preparation and recommendation of strategies for recoveries on major assigned accounts to the Team Lead.
- Preparation of Payment Vouchers to Business Partners for Loan repayment deduction and remittance.
What We Are Looking Out For
- Minimum of HND or Degree in Finance, Economic, Business Administration etc. from a reputable University or Polytechnic.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in Loan and Asset Recovery activities.
- Hands-on experience working in a Microfinance and/or FINTECH space.
- Strong planning, organizational and time management abilities.
- Experience in database Management.
- Critical Thinking
- Good Analytical skill
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Impact Analysis and measurement