Elspeth Integrated Services Limited is a Nigerian company incorporated in 2016. We offer specialized services to complement our clients drive for excellence. We are majored but not limited to the Oil and Gas; Engineering; Construction; Marine sectors etc. At Elspeth, we believe the Client is king and as such, the safest and most quality services are the only option available to them.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: QHSE Officer
Job Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
- Contribute to implementing, reviewing and maintaining company HSE policies, manuals and programs.
- Coordinate health and safety training to all employees, including delivery of periodic safety meetings and recurrent safety presentations. Actively demonstrates safety awareness.
- Ensure that safety equipment is provided to and used by employees at Laboratory or Workshop.
- Ensure that safety equipment is suitable for their intended purpose and that it is maintained in a safe condition at all times.
- Perform risk assessments in the day-to-day activities and report findings to the relevant parties.
- Update risk assessments when changes in working environment are apparent.
- Actively participate in (near) accident investigations and determine the root cause of all accidents, including preparation of accident investigation reports.
- Conduct monthly HSE meeting for all employees including other HSE related meeting with Management or HSE Representatives.
- Ensures that records are kept in accordance with local laws and regulations.
- Ensure company's HSE Manual and SOP are according to latest ISO 9001-2015 management system.
- Initiate HSE campaign to build safety behavior culture in the company.
- Ensure safety sign in all area of the facility (Waste disposal, chemical store, Gen set, panel room and outside building) including first aid box and other emergency equipment are installed.
- Coordinate STOP card (Collect, listing and share with HSE Committee to choose the best STOP Card).
- Review, update and provide Safety induction in the facility.
- Ensure waste is properly handled.
- Working closely with other Department to prepare HSE documents for tender purposes.
- Be aware of and keep up to date on emergency response procedures.
- Experience: 2 - 5 + Years in HSE role
- Education: Bachelor's Degree preferably Engineering
- Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Advisor.