Pivotage Consulting - Our client, a full-service Real Estate Development company who specializes in the entire lifecycle of Real Estate project commencing with site acquisition, conceptualization, leasing/sales, securing financing and construction management to delivery and facilities management is currently seeking to grow its team by hiring qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Position: Project Manager
Ref Id: BS/005/PRM
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Job Category: Experienced
Summary / Objective
- The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall coordination, execution and completion of the construction project ensuring strategy, commitment and goals are maintained.
- The Project Manager will be committed to assuring project quality, meeting approved budgets and scheduled deadlines and overseeing quality control throughout stadium completion.
- The Project Manager shall be a self-directed and motivated individual capable of resolving complex issues in a timely manner consistent with the Company’s goals and objectives.
- The Project Manager shall report to the Managing Partners or others as assigned.
- Review and Management of Design Plans: You will complete detailed examinations of design plans and ensure specifications uphold the highest possible standards for quality (e.g. ensuring construction documents are of complete detail and scope to address critical issues such as code compliance, constructability, noise transmission, waterproofing, etc.).
- Coordination of the construction process: You will monitor and manage the project schedule throughout the pre-construction and construction periods by overseeing the third-party General Contractor and coordinating project interactions and schedules with both internal departments and external consultants (e.g. Architect or BIM consultant).
- Project administration: You will assist in the processing of project documents by writing, logging, and reviewing RFIs, ASIs, subcontracts, purchase orders, submittals, and variation. You will monitor and control our construction software systems, track procurement of materials, and assess manpower counts against requirements in the General Contractor plan.
- Design Process: Manage and assist in the management of the myriad of design and engineering professionals to create the highest possible standards for high quality, well planned and detailed project designs; Focus on well researched construction technology, functionality, long-term maintenance, attention to detail (e.g. ensuring construction documents are of complete detail and scope to address critical issues such as code compliance, constructability, noise transmission, waterproofing issues, etc), resident and operational needs, with an eye toward maximizing long-term net operating income and value of the projects.
- Construction Planning: Serve as a resource to the Development Team in making recommendations regarding planning and scheduling of projects within allocated timelines and budgets; execute assigned projects that involve analysis of estimated costs and readiness timeframes; develop processes and methods to improve efficiency and reduce costs; understand construction and execute consultant contracts; assist with development of budgets, budget tracking and forecasting;
- Upholding Standards: Perform additional duties and handle projects as assigned by the Development Director; Achieve regular attendance in conformity with standards; Comply fully with all Brookstone Property rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the Brookstone Property’s facilities; Additional tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Partners or others at the Managing Partners’ direction; Occasional travel will be required based upon the property’s needs
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required with preference given to Construction Management, Structural / Civil Engineering, Building Construction or Architecture
- Experience in construction management, project management; with preference given to commercial and/or residential multifamily developments
- 7+ years related experience in construction.
- Track record of proven techniques and practices of project management and construction supervision over various aspects of design and construction phases for relevant projects.
- Successful start to end completion of large-scale project.
- Must be able to read and interpret plans, specifications, BOQs.
- Must be able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables
- Background in reviewing Architectural and Engineering drawings to ensure specifications and regulations are followed is preferred.
- Must be able to manage budgets, timelines and construction schedules with an extreme attention to detail, and grade a quality
- Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Must have the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees and management
- Must possess good business judgment; an understanding of legal issues and contracts
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, residents, and the general public.
- Computer proficient in Windows, MS Program, Office, Word, Excel, Outlook, AutoCAD and the Internet. Ability to type 40+ wpm.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral diagram, or scheduled form.
- Can develop justifications of requirements/business case and participate in budget process
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Must be able to effectively supervise outside vendors in a manner that supports the firm’s goals, timeframes and expectations. This includes demonstrated acumen in negotiation of contracts and terms
- Knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, construction procedures, estimating and scheduling practices.
- Ability to accommodate changing priorities and manage expectations accordingly.