Hello Products is an African Healthcare Company based in Lagos, Nigeria that develops, manufactures and distributes a range of high quality personal and home care brands that support healthier life and safer homes throughout Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Procurement Manager
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are recruiting for a Procurement Manager at our HQ in Lagos. The incumbent will act as the primary point of contact between suppliers and the business.
- He/she will be responsible for the procurement of products and goods for use in the business by identifying potential supplier sources, screening them, and negotiating favorable payment terms
- Review prices and product specifications from various suppliers to determine which would provide the best deal.
- Create bid tab for evaluation before raising Purchase Order.
- Review requests from all departments to ensure all specifications are captured and process them for PO processes.
- Creating and maintaining purchasing files and price lists.
- Evaluate vendor before enlisting them and keep report of updated vendor list
- Monitors opening of Form M for import items.
- Initiate Letter of credit request with Finance and follow up with Finance until it is established.
- Expediting. Ensure timely delivery of orders.
- Evaluating vendors; negotiating and renegotiating prices, delivery schedule and terms and conditions.
- Monitor delivery timelines and ensure the adequate supply of all required materials, components, and equipment.
- Review waybill/invoice and raise GRN for goods delivered by vendors.
- Monitors import material tracker for the purpose of Goods in Transit (GIT).
- Answer supplier and customer inquiries about order changes or cancellations and check requisition orders for accuracy.
- Checks shipments to ensure the appropriate items were delivered.
- Checks and evaluation shipping documents to ensure all parameters are correct on shipping document.
- Seeking alternative local sources for imported raw materials if it leads to cost reduction.
- Monitors Vendor Mapping to ensure best vendors are awarded to appropriate job
- Any other duties as may be directed by the line manager.
- B.Sc. or HND in any discipline
- 8-10 years Procurement experience in FMCG sector.
Eligible candidate should possess the following skills & knowledge:
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to motivate and enforce compliance
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with little or no supervision
- Good oral & written communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Relationship Management skills
- Excellent team player and team builder, with good organizational skills.
- Excellent knowledge of procurement practices in FMCG.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite.
- Coaching skills.
- Ability to work with people of diverse background and ethnicity and race
- Vendor management skills
- Ability to blend with the organizational culture of the Company.