HR-EX Consulting - Our client, St Edmunds Eye Specialist Hospital, located in surulere Lagos State, is recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Optometrist Intern
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform thorough routine eye inspections including visual acuity measurement, refractions, Eye pressure measurement and so on
- Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness and color blindness.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Prescribe corrective lenses and medications
- Contact lens fitting and Focimeter use
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management, in patients’ charts
- Maintain communication with Nurses and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- Current license to operate
- Demonstrates leadership qualities.