Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEL Consultant
Ref No: req8607
Stamping out Slavery in Nigeria (SoTiN) is a 4-year DFID Nigeria programme which aims to change or reduce the behaviours, attitudes and social norms in Edo State that drive or enable human trafficking. The project seeks to achieve the impact that more effective Government and non-Government institutions reduce the drivers and enablers of unsafe migration and trafficking through three components:
- Strengthened Edo State Government response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: more effective and innovative use of resources – human, financial, physical, political and network assets – supports a ‘whole of government’ approach to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking through social and attitudinal change;
- Improved coordination, innovation and quality of NGO response to preventing unsafe migration and human trafficking: better coordinated and more effective civil society tackling the drivers and enablers of human trafficking.
- A stronger evidence base for action in anti-slavery prevention, with learning platforms operating and informing policy and interventions: the use of evidence and sharing of best practices becomes embedded in ways of working, to deliver improved performance not only in Nigeria but globally.
- SoTiN is interested in ensuring the generation of high quality, accurate, and reliable data for programme use and reporting. To this end, the programme seeks a consultant to develop and design documentation and reporting tools as recommended in the SoTiN MEL strategy and approved logframe.
- The consultant will be expected to work from home. She/he will be expected to present draft tools, user guides, and final report via email and teleconference.
- The Head of MELR will supervise this position.
Methodology /Tasks for the Consultant
To achieve the consultancy objective, the consultant will:
- Review relevant SoTiN documents (MEL Strategy, Theory of Change and logframe) to develop an understanding of the SoTiN project and its MEL approach
- Conduct bilateral information-gathering meetings with SoTiN output leads
- Design and deliver MEL documentation and reporting tools as recommended by the MEL strategy for the SoTiN team.
- Design user guides for each documentation and reporting tool developed.
- Prepare a brief report documenting the support provided and provide recommendations on how SoTiN should proceed in operationalizing the tools.
- A draft work plan and inception report outlining timeline, refined, clarification of methodology and proposed report structure (1 day)
- MEL documentation and reporting tools (9 days)
- User guide for MEL documentation and reporting tools (2 days)
- A finalized summary/activity report (2 days).
- Fourteen (14) days of full-time work are available for this assignment. It is anticipated that twelve days would be used for tasks 1, 2 and 3, with two (2) days being used for task 4 to be carried out over three (3) weeks. The final deliverables are due by August 14th, 2020.
- A Master's degree in Demography, Statistics, Management, Information Technology, Monitoring and Evaluation or related field.
- Excellent writing, conceptual and analytical skills including the ability to present complex processes and issues clearly to a heterogeneous audience and in an actionable manner.
- Demonstrated professional experience, developing data documentation and reporting tools
- Direct relevant work experience in monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Experience in analyzing and presenting data effectively for a wide range of audiences, with attention to detail and user profile.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet tight deadlines
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and data visualization software packages (tableau, Microsoft PowerBI or similar)