CM Hospital, a reputable faith-based hospital that was founded in 1993, is licensed as a specialist hospital offering obstetrics/gynaecology, paediatrics, ophthalmology, ultrasound scan, medical supplies, consultancy and other general medical services which are found in our attached, long-term health care facility. CM is fully-accredited by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) and offers a quality medical staff base.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Medical Doctor
Job Location: Enugu
Job Purpose / Objective
- To diagnose, treat and help prevent diseases and injuries that commonly occur in the general population and provide advice to Company staff and other eligible customers in the area of General/Family medicine in order to ensure the health of staff and other stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Undertaking patient consultations and physical examinations
- Organising workloads
- Performing surgical procedures
- Providing general pre- and post-operative care
- Monitoring and administering medication
- Assessing and planning treatment requirements
- Liaising daily with staff including other doctors, non-medical management staff and healthcare professionals
- Writing reports and maintaining records
- Promoting health education
- Provide prompt in-patient and out-patient care including diagnosis and treatment for various diseases and injuries in General Practice in order to secure the health of staff, dependants and other eligible customers
- Plan, implement or administer health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that stakeholders adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Develop policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in primary healthcare in Company
- Support HSE activities in the department so as to embed a preventive culture among staff
- Participate in operative Obstetric and Gynecologic and general surgery procedures when indicated in order to ensure quick return to health by all beneficiaries.
- Coordinate regular health management audits in liaison with the quality management team so as to maintain standard of healthcare
- Ensure the proper monitoring and reporting of health performance indices for review and for learning.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
Key Performance Indicators:
- % Customer Satisfaction Rate
- No of awareness programmes versus Plan
- No of HSE Walkabout done versus plan
- % compliance with legislative requirements
- % of Post - op patients with surgical complications
- No of audits carried out versus plan
- No of Performance Monitoring and Reporting (PMR) generated on time
- Response time to Medical Emergencies
- Must be a Christian, and possess godly Christian core values
- MBBS with a Postgraduate fellowship in Family Medicine/Specialist General Medical Practice (FWACP, FNCP, FRCGP or equivalent) registered with Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria (MDCN)
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft office.
- Minimum 5 years since MBBS with at least 2 years in the field of Obstetrics and Gynaecology or Specialist General Practice.
- Clinical Medicine
- Medical Protocols Advanced Communication skills.
- Emergency Medical Care
- Advanced Life Support.
- Medical Legal Issues
- Clinical Diagnostic Skills.
- Medical Ethics
- Problem Solving
- Service Planning
- Client Education
Functionally reports to:
- Chief Medical Director (CMD)
Administratively reports to:
- Hospital Administrator/Manager (HAM)
- Nurses and cleaning staff.
- Staff and Dependants.
- Hospital Staff.
- Eligible Contractors.
- Nigerian Medical and Dental Council
- Ministry of Health Enugu
- Ministry of Environment Enugu
- Enugu State Internal Revenue Service
- Enugu State Waste Management Authority(ESWAMA)
- Any other government agency or regulator
- Hours of duty shall be in compliance with medical operations within the hospital. This will include shift duties, call-duties, weekend coverage and public holidays.
- Workdays are defined as follows: Every day of the week (Monday through Sunday including Public Holidays).