Moove is on a mission to redefine what large-scale rideshare leasing and vehicle ownership look like in Africa. We are developing an innovative model to rapidly improve the availability of vehicles for on-demand ridesharing services across major metro cities while also creating sustainable jobs for drivers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Maintenance Manager
Job Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Reporting to: City Manager
About the Role
- We are looking for an exceptional professional with a strong entrepreneurial attitude to be our Maintenance Manager for the Moove business.
- As a proven result-driven person, the Maintenance Manager will be responsible for the provision of effective leadership to the Maintenance Executives.
- The ideal candidate will have extensive knowledge of the automotive finance, fleet leasing management, or car rental industry and a proven track record in developing territories, implementing successful growth strategies, and leading teams.
- The Fleet Maintenance Manager will be prepared to be fully accountable for building and maintaining outstanding relationships with Service; Maintenance; repairs and Inspection service providers and manage these suppliers to SLA in order to ensure maximised uptime of the Fleet.
- You will also play an integral role in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance executives to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
- This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to strengthen their leadership skills and take their career to the next level in a supportive environment and with a company devoted to training successful managers.
- We are looking for a Maintenance Manager who will manage all maintenance projects and tasks within our fleet operations team, and also be a representative and ambassador for the team across the company as well as to external stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate for the role will be someone who is a Repair & maintenance expert, who has deep knowledge in developing outstanding relationships with repairs and inspection service providers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Coordinate, schedule, and audit vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical, and electrical repairs to the fleet.
- Handling escalations and managing conflict resolutions with our customers
- Ensure optimal expenditure towards R&M by engaging with OES / other suppliers / aggregators and stand-alone workshops.
- Prioritise and assign work to meet customers’ needs.
- Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Moove assets.
- Control, manage and repair (parts and labour) in line with the maintenance fund.
- Manage the Insurance process in line with Policy requirements.
- Ensure that all Insurance claims are completed expediently and vehicles brought back to operation in the minimum timeframe.
- Build, Manage, Measure, and Maintain relationships with Suppliers and Repair outlets to ensure that uptime of Fleet is maximised.
- Reporting of Actual Maintenance; repair and Service costs in relation to the Maintenance Fund.
- Manage the Authorisations of maintenance to ensure that appropriate work is being done on the fleet at the optimised costs.
- Continuous Improvement mindset with respect to processes and systems to create efficiencies and synergies.
- Ad Hoc investigations and solutions as required from time to time.
- Track expenses and oversee the budget for maintenance.
- Conduct regular inspections of the facilities to detect and resolve problems.
- Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
- Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
- Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when necessary.
- Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
What You will need for this position
- Minimum of 10 years of fleet maintenance management experience preferred.
- An Associates or Technical degree in Motor Mechanics is a must.
- Hands-On Fleet Industry Experience is a must
- Strong customer service and organisational skills required
- Valid driver’s licence preferred.
- Candidates will be subject to analytical test prior to interviews
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office; Google Office Suite and web-based applications preferred.
- Our team is collaborative, positive, curious, and engaged. We think fast, work smart, laugh often, and are looking for like-minded people to join us in our mission to disrupt vehicle ownership and make financial freedom within reach.
- Moove is strongly committed to diversity within its community. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities employer, we welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently.
- Pre-hiring Notice: Moove relies on the accuracy of information contained in employment applications, as well as the accuracy of other data presented throughout the hiring process and during employment. Any misrepresentations, falsifications, or material omissions in any information or data provided by an applicant may result in the applicant being excluded from further consideration for employment or if an individual has already been hired, termination of employment.
- EEO Statement: Moove is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, political affiliation or any other protected characteristic.
- Moove: Moove is a mobility asset finance company and Uber's preferred fleet partner across Sub-Saharan Africa. Our Vision is to democratize financial services to make our customers more productive and successful. Our Core values are Compassion, Excellence.