VEC Microfinance Institution is a microfinance Non Governmental organisation with a prime objective of improving the quality of living of the active poor through innovative and flexible microfinance services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Loan Officer Trainee
Job Locations: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Lagos and Ogun
Employment Type: Full-time
- Evaluate credit worthiness by processing loan applications and documentation within specified limits
- Interview applicants to determine financial eligibility and feasibility of granting loans
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans
- Communicate with clients either to request or to provide information to
- Justify decisions (approvals/rejections) and report on them
- Complete loan contracts and counsel clients on policies and restrictions
- Update job knowledge on types of loans and other financial services
- Maintain and update account records
- Assess customer needs, explore all options and introduce different types of loans
- Develop referral networks, suggest alternate channels and cross-sell products and services to accomplish quotas
- Go the “extra mile” to build trust relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction throughout the underwriting process
- Οperate in compliance with laws and regulations and adhere to lending compliance guidelines.
- A Smart NCE / OND / HND / BSc Holder in any discipline
- Computer savvy.
- Must possess a Smartphone.
- Communication /marketing skills
- Problem-solving skill
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task.
- Salary: N50,000 monthly.
- Accommodation is available for all branch staff.