Design Union is a real estate development company in Lekki, Lagos that offers a variety of products and services in the construction and real estate industry. The services offered by the company include turnkey construction and development management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Legal & Corporate Services Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide prompt and relevant advisory services to management on legal and compliance matters including advice on new developments in the legal environment which may affect the company's interests, operations and conduct
- Ensure compliance with statutory and legal requirements including maintenance / update of all statutory books and registers and prompt filing of statutory returns as well as support the Company Secretary for Board and Committee meetings
- Ensure contracts are in place for all business relationships and negotiate, draft and review all contracts / complex commercial agreements, evaluating business risks and make recommendations on how to prevent / mitigate such risks and manage the Contracts database for the company
- Ensure all invoices to Clients / Customers for real estate transactions (Sale of Apartments, rental of apartments, space rental, leases, Service Charge, VAT, etc) are prepared and submitted to clients promptly and that all Receivables are legally enforceable for all transactions
- Vigorously pursue collection of debts that are overdue from clients/customers.
- Establish and maintain an organized filing system for the proper filing and easy retrieval of all legal documents - title documents, agreements, certificates, letters etc
- Manage relationships with the company's external solicitors and provide oversight for all outsourced legal and secretarial services , oversee and advance the company's position in negotiated settlements with external parties and follow up on-going litigations.
- Provide legal support and promote corporate ethics and compliance and train all employees in this regard to promote a culture of higher performance across the organization.
- Provide oversight on ensuring prompt settlement of rents, rates and land charges as well as government revenue demands such as property tenement rates, ground rents, business premises permits, etc
- Safeguard the Company's records by ensuring centralised filing and effective archive management.
- Handle immigration and expatriate issues with regulatory agencies.
Requisite Qualifications / Experience
- LLB Degree (1st Class or 2nd Class) in Law plus LLM Degree in Law
- Member, Nigerian Bar Association.
- Accreditation by the Corporate Affairs Commission.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in similar position.
Required Skills / Attributes:
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good team player.
- Good interpersonal and people management skills.
- Excellent Negotiating skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Enterprise Wide software.