EST Master Construction Limited is a leading construction company in diverse market segments. We are considered among the best because of our ability to undertake large and complex projects, embrace new technologies, and make a difference in the lives of our clients, employees and neighbours.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Land Surveyor
Ref Code: MCLR/ENG/01/20
Job Location: Port Harcourt
- The Candidate will ensure appropriate survey is carried out to specifications on land and roads with appropriate designs.
- Carry out surveys and investigate land topographies.
- Use of geographical information systems (GIS) to analyse and interpret site features and use computer-aided design (CAD) and other IT software to interpret data and present information;
- Produce detailed information (subsequently analysed by planners, builders and cartographers).
- Utilise data from a range of sources such as aerial photography, satellite surveys and laser beam measuring systems.
- Execute vertical control surveys for aerial surveys and determine elevations for various surfaces.
- Collect important reference data before field surveys.
- Keep records and prepare reports according to specifications.
- Comply with all applicable regulations and requirements including boundary calculations and legal issues.
- Using a range of equipment to produce surveys, including GPS and conventional methods;
- Discuss specific project requirements with clients and provide advice when required.
- Keep abreast with new and emerging technology.
- Think creatively to resolve practical planning and development problems.
Qualification and Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Land/Estate Surveying, Geography, Geo-technology, Planning, Building or related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years cognate experience in construction.
- Proficiency in the use of HD laser scanners.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and team spirit.
- Excellent presentation and communication skill
- Ability to complete survey projects in AutoCAD meeting specifications
- Ability to deliver large scale topographic surveys and measured building surveys.
- Applicants MUST be resident in Port Harcourt or its environs.