Crossover Microfinance Bank Limited was first incorporated under the name Pacific Savings and Loans Ltd in 1992. With a new focus and team in 2010 the bank was later rebranded Crossover Savings and Loans Ltd aka Crossover Mortgage Bankers. With the ever growing financial need in the retail sector and with new investors, Crossover remodeled its operations from mortgage to microfinance in 2014 to empower micro and small scale businesses in the retail sector. It commenced full scale microfinance operations in March 2016. Crossover Microfinance Bank Ltd is duly licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and certified by NDIC with a paid up capital of N450 million. The bank currently has several branches with its head office located at 38 Kofoworola Crescent, Off Awolowo Way, Ikeja, Lagos.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Internal Control Officer
Job Location: Iju Ishaga / Ayobo - Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To monitor internal control and ensure that staff comply with the bank's accounting system and internal control policies.
- Carry out all duties that focus on monitoring compliance with the bank's internal control policies in the branches and units.
- Check all books of account to ensure they are free of errors.
- Verify all expenses made in the branch, including price verification and certification of payment voucher.
- Check loan forms and files for adequacy, precedent to disbursement.
- Verify client's business to confirm feasibility precedent to loan disbursement.
- Pay random visit to client site, for account reconciliation.
- Facilitate training of client before disbursement of loan and interview and attends to clients before opening of accounts.
- Ensure all KYC and KYB documents are properly filed before reconciliation.
- Check petty cash book on a daily basis.
- Monitor bank's assets and identify any obsolete or idle assets for efficient disposal as may be required.
- Prepare compliance and control reports as may be appropriate.
- Perform other duties, as may be assigned by the Head, Internal Control.
Education / Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree / HND from a recognized academic institution in Accounting, or related field.
- Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience as an Internal Control officer in a Microfinance Bank.Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication and interpersonal skill
- Ability and aptitude to work with detail, precision, speed, and accuracy.
- Knowledge of personal computers, including Microsoft excel, word processing.
- Knowledge of relevant accounting packages.
- Only candidates residing along Iyana Ipaja, Ayobo, Iju, Abule egba axis and has worked and works as an Internal Control Officer in a microfinance Bank are eligible to apply for this position.