Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
- An Information System Manager will be responsible for the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is use within Hotel.
What will I be doing?
As an Information System Manager, you will supervise the IT Department to ensure the quality and delivery of IT systems for both the hotel and its Guests. These efforts will be fulfilled timely, within budget, and in accordance with IT operating standards. Specifically, the Information System Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- To be responsible for the secure and effective operation of all computer systems, related applications, hardware and software that is use within Hotel
- Provides user training and support to all property/site systems, network enhancements, hardware and software support
- Maintains inventory of all hardware products and software licenses, and reviews maintenance agreements
- Coordinate design and implementation with Director Technology Services to ensure alignment with area/cluster objectives and corporate strategic IT direction
- Identify and implement solution to user challenges and concerns associated with the use of personal computer equipment
- Coordinate upgrades and maintain the directory structure on network servers
- Monitor, Diagnose and adjust performance on LAN and network servers
- Manage shared technology resources
- Ensure compliance of team on standard LAN backup and archiving procedures on network servers.
- Carry out periodic preventative maintenance on machines to ensure their reliability and availability
- Manage secure network access for remote users
- Keep up to date with new technology.
What are we looking for?
IT Managers serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Minimum of Degree in a relevant field such as Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Sciences or Business Administration.
- Previous IT management experience, preferably in the hotel, leisure, and/or service sector
- Experience of all Microsoft systems
- Experience of hotel applications, such as Fidelio and Micros, preferred
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Current technical skills and knowledge of technology
- General understanding of IT infrastructure trends and technologies, including networks, databases, business applications, and development methodology
- Ability to plan ahead and develop contingency plans, where necessary.
It is advantageous in this position if you demonstrate the following capabilities and advantages:
- Ability to work in a team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Positive Attitude
- IT proficient
- Willingness to develop team members and self.