The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: ICT Officer
Webcruiter ID: 4165960013
Job Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
- NRC is looking for an ICT Officer for our field office in Maiduguri Borno State in North-East Nigeria.
- The ICT Officer is responsible for the overall establishment and implementation of NRC Information & Communication Technology systems and procedures in Maiduguri.
- S/He will assist day to day management of IT functions, ensuring the proper functioning of LAN, Server, E-mail system and internet connectivity.
- S/He will provide timely end-user computer support, ensure that Hardware, printers, and software resources are available and that the office is complying with NRC ICT policies, rules and procedures.
- The ICT Officer reports to the ICT Coordinator.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adheres to and supports the implementation of NRC ICT policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines.
- Visit NRC field offices to provide support for internet setup in new bases according to ICT-HO Standards.
- Submit visit report as per NRC standards highlighting the key technical recommendations for the future and keep the track.
- Provide IT support to all NRC offices in Nigeria this includes country, area and field offices
- Ensure ICT equipment’s, hardware, software, and other resources are timely made available and well maintained
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses problems, implements corrective action & procedures, monitor and facilitate repairs.
- Sets up and configures general hardware, peripherals, and accounts assigning security level;
- Monitors, operate, and maintain a reliable internet and network system (connectivity, assigning access level…),
- Implement NRC filing system (electronic files) at country level as per defined NRC standards
- Provide IT support and capacity building to users on hardware, software, peripherals and other ICT resources (internet, e-mail, intranet…)
- Keep track and ensure proper handover, including signatures for all mobile equipment.
- Work with Logistics to ensure that ICT Equipment is tagged and any Loss/Damage is reported in with accuracy. Interact with external parties as and when required (for example contracted service providers for the Internet) to ensure NRC is enjoying the required services in an optimum manner.
- Identify ICT problems, develop and implement technical solutions for example to meet Programme and Monitoring & Evaluation specific needs
- Maintain an accurate ICT asset management system and documentation at the Country office level
- Ensure anti-corruption, transparency, and cost efficiency principles in all processes.
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Engineering or equivalent
- At least two years of working experience in a similar position in a humanitarian/recovery context preferably with a similar organization like NRC
- Documented experience in related to network management and cloud networking
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian context (internet services, Networks, software/hardware authentication)
- Office organization skills,
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Good communication skills
- Fluency in English, Hausa is an asset
- Handling an insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Communicating with impact and respect All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Codes of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
We Can Offer
- Commencement: January 2020
- Duration: 12 months
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Duty station: Maiduguri with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- Nigerian Nationals Only
- An approved health certificate will be requested before contract start.
- Application procedures and CV registration: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for both company and