EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a chain of clinics spread across Nigeria that provides innovative and technology-driven healthcare to the population. EHA Clinics currently boasts of three Clinics located in Abuja and Kano and is working to expand to other parts of Nigeria. EHA Clinics uses state of the art equipment to bridge the gap in the provision of high quality diagnostics and healthcare through routine services (general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography...etc) and specialized services (telemedicine, medical evacuation, home care, dental care, ophthalmology and radiology).
Within every clinic location, EHA Clinics simultaneously implements a Community Health Program which utilizes an innovative financing mechanism to promote universal health coverage and access for the low-income, uninsured and underserved population through a low-cost, pro-poor prepayment scheme. These programs form the basis of care EHA Clinics provide, catering to different cadres of the population based on economic profiles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resources Manager
Job Location: Abuja or Kano (Some travel may be required for meetings and other ad hoc activities)
Department: Business and Administration, EHA Clinics
Division: EHA Clinics
Reports to: Business and Admin Manager
Summary of Job
- The HR Manager will perform a range of functions including but not limited to employee recruitment / selection, welfare matters, conflict resolution, management of employee healthcare programs and benefits, training and development, team management and operations.
- S / he must demonstrate critical thinking in the administrative decision-making process, especially in assessing individual and team performance and development, leading to an overall healthy working environment.
- The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the healthcare team and the Management Team to meet the needs of the clients, supporting the delivery of policy and procedures.
- The HR Manager will also design the yearly training calendar and performance evaluation plan for all staff of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this role successfully, the HR Manager will perform the following responsibilities in relation to all clinics which will include but are not limited to:
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures in alignment with the organization’s overall business strategy
- Talent identification, recruitment, retention, and development, ensuring that a good succession plan is in place
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals
- Identify training needs, and prepare training programs and budget, as the need arises
- Coordinate and supervise training and development programs
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance - study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state laws
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics
- Administer benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance
- Prepare employee separation notices and related documentation, and conduct exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation, and preservation of human capital
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
Qualifications & Training
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People-oriented and results-driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- In-depth knowledge of labor law and HR best practices
- Degree in Human Resources or a related field
- S / he will be required to have had related and progressive experience in a healthcare human capital management.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Leadership and teamwork
- Time management and organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A team player who is responsible, diplomatic and confident at dealing with people at all levels and different backgrounds
- Good analytical skills are essential
- A problem solving and solution-oriented attitude; be methodical and adaptable
- Planning skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and deliver on set objectives within the given deadline
- Approachable and willingness to listen and assist HR and non-HR colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and on irregular working hours
- Ability to occasionally conduct training of staff within the HR management area
- Competitive salary scale based on surveys from top private hospitals in Nigeria. Salary is negotiable but performance-based.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse and up to two dependents. Further details are contained in the Nigeria Addendum to the EHA Clinics Employee Handbook.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for you as our employee. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days paid annual leave accrued at 1.75 days/month. Employees may begin scheduling leave with their direct supervisor upon successful completion of their probationary period.