Sydani Initiative for International Development is a dynamic, fast-growing management consulting firm that specializes in the design and delivery of sustainable high-impact solutions to complex health and social challenges. We work with governments, corporations, investors, NGOs, foundations, communities, and other development partners to formulate strategies and implement solutions that create lasting health and social benefits for the population. With our team of high-performing consultants and a global network of technical advisors, Sydani has earned a solid brand reputation among its clients, competitors, and partners.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Human Resource Analyst
Job Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Human Resource Analyst will be responsible for staff management and compliance with organisational policies and culture.
- With direct report tothe lead operations, the HR analyst will work closely with the management team to understand the vision and strategic objectives of the organization and with the staff to actualize the vision and execute the objectives.
- As part of the Sydani team, the Human resource analyst will be required to participate in organizational problem solving and capacity-building sessions for continuous learning and performance improvement.
The responsibilities described are not exhaustive. Additional tasks may be assigned as necessitated by business demands.
Human Resource functions
- Work with project teams to identify vacancies, develop job descriptions for those vacancies and identify right candidates to fill the roles
- Facilitate the screening and selection of candidates for vacant roles
- Review and update application database regularly
- Contact references and perform background checks
- Prepare and disseminate employment letters.
- Obtain and file all necessary documentation from new employees
- Make work tools available for new staff
- Facilitate onboarding and introduction of new staff to the team to the office facilities
Training and Talent Development:
- Identify staff training needs and prepare training calendar
- Design / plan staff training (internal and external) programs / activities
- Conduct M&E of training on staff performance and productivity.
Performance appraisals and management:
- Schedule & facilitate routine staff performance evaluations
- Process and disseminate promotion letters
- Enforce staff reward and sanction system
- Support the formulation, updating and enforcement of organization policies.
- Enforce disciplinary actions when necessary
- Conduct investigation of staff complaints or whistleblowing
- Facilitate staff exit and proper handover of work tools or organizational property
- Update staff database
- Update payroll with new staff details
- Prepare monthly payroll and facilitate salary disbursement
- Manage staff conflict resolution
- Communicate staff grievances to management.
- Manage leave applications and compute staff compensation
- Manage routine team bonding and organizational end of year retreat
- Conduct staff satisfaction survey and ensure implementation of survey outcomes
- Ensure staff adherence to safety precautions within the office environment
- Oversee the maintenance of facility cleanliness and safety
- Manage office first aid box
- Communicate organizational updates to staff as required.
- Manage staff and project records
- Coordinate the administrative functions of the organization and report progress/challenges for management decision-making.
- Ensure facility maintenance and manage office supplies
- Manage the organizational calendar of events
- Respond to external enquiries (mail/calls) and schedule appointments.
Eligible candidates should:
- Have 2 - 3 years experience as a human resource personnel with an upper second class honours Bachelor's degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences or a related field (A Master’s degree in the above or related fields would be an advantage).
- Have intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Demonstrate expertise in the use of at least one Human resource information management, performance management or employee engagement software.
- Possess strongs take holder management and team building skills
- Have strong proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Possess good analytical, strategic thinking and thought leadership skills.
- Be a result-oriented individual, able to track self, team, and clients with clear KPIs
- Be a fast learner, open to taking feedback from peers, subordinates and supervisors
- Be able to prioritize tasks and work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience working in management consulting would be an advantage.
- The CV must include email addresses and phone numbers of 2 professional referees who can speak to your work ethics and capabilities.
- Candidates are encouraged to apply only if they meet the eligibility criteria specified above.