CarePoint is a chain of healthcare facilities dedicated to offering the highest quality of health care services at affordable cost. CarePoint health facilities are situated across several local government and communities in Lagos state, specifically. We currently own two (2) facilities across Lagos and part of our mission is to expand.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Position: Head of Clinical Services
Job Location: Lagos
Objectives of Role
The Head of Clinical Services oversees the clinical activities and operations of CarePoint Hospital and supervises the work of the Medical team. He/She also provides management to all Clinical Staff.
- Plan, implement and administer health programs and illness prevention activities to ensure that staff adopt healthy lifestyle and prevent disease.
- Revise strategies and plans for the clinical department according to company standards for excellent service and growth.
- Contribute to the development of policies/guidelines and management protocols for the promotion of best practice in the hospital.
- Plan and oversee all patient care.
- Liaise with HR in the recruitment of employees to ensure department is staffed with qualified personnel.
- Liaise with Chief Executive Officer in the provision of clinical training and opportunities to staff for continuous development.
- Evaluate performance and discipline employees when necessary.
- Monitor compliance to legal guidelines, internal policies and quality standards requirements.
- Performs minor surgical procedures commensurate with surgical competency.
- Participate in prompt emergency medical response in order to render care and prevent disease and injury.
- Respecting the privacy, dignity, needs and beliefs of patients, dependents and colleagues.
- Committed to lifelong learning and audit to ensure evidence-based practice and maintenance of patient safety and quality standards.
- Providing comprehensive general medical and surgical services.
- Screening for various medical conditions.
- First Consultant on Call- Attend to all emergencies and unforeseen contingencies.
- Participate in SafeCare quality improvement plan.
- Coordinate clinic activities including ANC, NCD clinics and others
- Coordinate all clinical activities including nursing, pharmacy and Laboratory with support from the Corporate office
- Coordinate all other operational activities for the Administrative team
- Any other requirements as stated by HR/Chief Executive Officer.
Key Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MB; BS Degree), 12 months housemanship & Residency completed. • 7 - 10 years’ experience `as a Gynecologist
- Experienced as a Consultant Gynecologist
- Post residency experience under and without supervision as the Chief/Assistant Head/Head of Clinical/Medical services in a facility.
- Proven experience as clinical/medical director, head of operations or other managerial position.
- Professional experience in health care management.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in screening, diagnostic procedures and clinical supervision and program management.
- Excellent surgical skills; general surgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecological surgery etc.
- Excellent leadership and managerial ability • Excellent time management with good interpersonal skills.
- Patient Oriented with excellent counselling skills.
- Solid understanding of performance evaluation procedures
- Excellent knowledge of standards (e.g. ISO, SafeCare) and regulations for the clinical field
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. patient management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts