VISUAL Media is a digital Media brand. We cultivate creative content, from Art, Film, Photography with on audience of over 20,000 viewers across social media platforms.
VISUAL represents Africa's new media frontier. We are the post-creative plug and source of new art, film, culture and lifestyle. VISUAL is a multifaceted platform passionate about emergent youth culture and the part we play in shaping the future. We believe in the ‘less is more’ approach, we see the beauty in the under-hyped and the power of pure talent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Graphic Design Intern
- You. have at least 2+ years of relevant design experience
- Must have a personal computer or smart phone with internet access.
- Must have personal email address, and the ability to check it daily.
- We have a highly-energetic and entrepreneurial but fun and flexible work culture.
About this Job
- Designers are expected to be have knowledge about industry trends, movie news, and very importantly, new and recent releases.
- We are a young and growing company, meaning there is lots of opportunity for your voice to be heard, but please note that this also means there is little to no budget.
- Note that this is an internship position, but will require a regular time commitment of at least 14 hours per week. All work is done remotely/from home.
We'll Talk More If…
- You love fresh design content and modern styles
- A portfolio of work that features a few marketing collateral and creative branding work
- The ability to collaborate and communicate across a small, close-knit team
- The ability to work independently and quickly with strong attention to detail.
We’ll Be Super-Excited If…
- A little Web design and UX experience
- You’ve had a little in the creative industry or experience designing creative content.
- Maintain the evolving graphic and brand standards for Visual Media and its library of brand assets
- Develop digital assets to be used in our various channels including web, social media and ads for various clients
- You can design beautiful promotional content
- Create icons, logos and GIFs as needed
- Manage multiple projects and work within established timelines
- You’re familiar with things like Adobe Creative Suite, CorelDraw, Google Drive, Canva and Slack.