Seflam SGL is an ISO 9001 Certified indigenous limited liability Company incorporated under the Laws of The Federation of Nigeria with Corporate Affairs Commission registration number RC 1177212 providing world class Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Installation (EPCI) services in West Africa with over 20 years experience delivering industry leading services to Oil and Gas majors including ExxonMobil, Chevron, Total , Agip and Shell. We are a top-rated, indigenous provider of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, and Installation (EPCI) services to the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry.
We are seeking to engage passionate and self-driven individuals to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accounts Officer
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Provide support to the Accountant on daily financial management activities
- Follow-up on receivable invoices with client, maintain excellent relationship with clients.
- Act as liaison officer with the banks with which the company holds an account.
- Assist the Accountant to maintain complete accounting records including completing vouchers, obtaining proper authorizations, and preparing reconciliations
- Responsible for daily maintenance of petty cash and replenishment request.
- Provide support in processing financial transactions and maintaining an effective filing system. • Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Assist the Accountant in ensuring proper tracking of project advances to staff.
- Provide support in the preparation of financial reports/reconciliations.
- Maintain accounting controls by following policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Prepare, file and remit monthly tax and other statutory returns with relevant authorities.
- Perform other accounting related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting with a minimum of Second Class Upper degree (2:1)
- Chartered membership of a recognized Accounting professional body; ACCA, ICAN, CPA will be an added advantage.
- 0-2 years’ experience in the construction industry or any other related field.
- Adequate knowledge of Accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures.
- Good knowledge and use of Accounting softwares such as Excel, Sage etc.