Dijo Communications Limited is an award-winning branding and communications agency, set center stage in Lagos, Nigeria. We blend intelligent creativity with a sincere collaborative approach, consistently delivering powerful results for our clients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: General Manager - Out of Home Advertising
Job Location: Lagos
- General Manager for the Out of Home Advertising Agency is responsible for leading the development and execution of a clear business strategy, embedded into the business to support the company’s strategic goals.
- He/She will be in charge of executing policies, procedures, framework and operational plan that set the direction. Expected to have an eye for Out of Home Advertising and a knack for inspiring others
- Be a business brand ambassador and take ownership to build robust and lasting professional partnerships through effective honest transactions, agreed procedural compliance and managing all customer expectations and delivery of all agreed actions to standard and on time.
- Invent new ideas for Out of home advertising, branding, advertising campaigns and marketing messages. Understand design and smart copy, and recognize fresh approaches to advertising.
- Contribute to growing market share.
- Determines the creative vision of a brand or project and manifests that vision through Out-of-home advertising.
- Ensure seamless execution of all approved campaigns.
- Plan and execute the overall business strategy for the company,
- Maintain a cohesive look and feel of a project by ensuring the visuals, messaging and/or interactive and motion designs are on point.
- Take responsibility for the creative philosophy and the standard of output across the agency or department
- Developing ideas for advertising or promotional campaigns
- Win pitches
- Overseeing several projects from start to finish, keeping to deadlines, and signing off on these projects before they are presented
- Establish budgets and timelines and manage client relationships.
- Deliver innovative service solutions, best practice & best value.
- Manage the relationship with key clients
- Manage staff to achieve set goals and objectives to deliver consistent growth.
- Grow and expand the business with existing clients.
- Responsible for the delivery of service excellence thorough ownership, process and effective team management
- Oversee compliance of the Dijo Group standard (‘how we do business ‘ and other internal manuals)
- Ensure all communication, whether internal or external, is delivered in a timely, professional and relevant manner
What to Expect
- You will be busy working to tight deadlines and juggling multiple projects. This high-pressure environment can be stressful at times.
- The role is office based but you will be expected to network and socialize regularly with clients and attend a range of industry events and exhibitions.
- The office environment is young, dynamic and increasingly multicultural. It's a work-hard, play-hard culture.
- Working at the cutting edge of new technology you will be expected to grasp changes in technical innovation across multiple platforms.
- Travel within a working week is common. Overnight absence from home may occasionally be required. Working for a larger agency may mean periods of international travel and will open up opportunities globally.
- You'll have the satisfaction of seeing what you and your team create in the marketplace e.g. on billboards or on television and other media.
- You will be responsible for your company’s P&L, targets and profits.
- HND or BSc. in relevant field
- A Postgraduate Diploma or Master's Degree is an added advantage
- Professional qualifications
- Member of APCON
- Membership for NIMN is an added advantage.
- Work experience in the Creative Agency Marketing Communications industry is Mandatory.
- 7 - 10 years Experience
- 3 - 4 in Mid-level management position
- As the GM of the Out of Home Advertising Company, you will need to show:
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to inspire the creative team to give their best
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as presentation skills in order to make outstanding pitches
- Plenty of creative ideas and an understanding of the clients' vision
- An awareness of current trends in advertising and design
- A self-starting attitude and an open outlook
- Resilience under pressure and against deadlines
- An understanding of how creative roles complement other departments, such as finance and data management
- Skills in managing people, projects and resources.
- Competitive within the Industry.