Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model / strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises and research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Financial and Administrative Manager
Job Location: Abuja
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa
- Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Manage financial and administration teams to achieve company financial goals.
- Review financial reports, monitor accounts, and prepare activity reports and financial forecasts.
- Investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion and investments.
- Assist in resource identification, work assignment, performance evaluation, and promotion decision activities.
- Conduct data analysis, planning and strategizing, and advising senior managers and top executives.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Overseeing the flow of cash and financial instruments.
- Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the organization and general market patterns.
- Preparing reports as required by law, regulations or company policies.
- Ensuring compliance with applicable laws and procedures, thereby maintaining the financial health of the organization.
- Predicting future financial trends for the organization.
- Reviewing, monitoring and managing the company’s budgets.
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports.
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts, e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organizations such as the Inland Revenue.
Required Skills and Experience
- A Degree and proven several years' experience in the financial field or any related field is required.
- Professional qualification such as CFA / CPA or similar will be considered a plus.
- An analytical mind and ability to stick to time constraints.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- A keen eye for detail and desire to probe further into data.
- Proficient user of finance software and excel skills.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used.
- A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles.
- Understanding of data privacy standards.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.