Swets Group is a customer-focused Maritime Oil & Gas organization providing Marine Consultancy, Vessel Manning Services, Vessel Maintenance and Repairs, and Shipping solutions to local and international maritime operators in Nigeria and across the African continent.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Finance and Accounts Officer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Account Officer is responsible for a variety of professional assignments involving the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of accounting systems and ensuring all accounting activities comply with standards.
- Establish internal controls and guidelines for financial transactions and recording.
- Prepare annual budget
- Handle the production of OTIFNE (on time, in full, no errors) periodic weekly and monthly financial reports
- Safeguard the cash and cheque books in the safe box to ensure items are well kept
- Ensures the safety and adequacy of petty to service requests from various departments of the company.
- Ensure compliance with all Corporate statutory obligations, particularly for taxes (VAT, PAYE, PENSION, Corporate Income taxes, etc.), ensuring timely returns/remittances.
- Review company Accounts forms, manual, and policies in line with standards
- Liaise with External Auditors for the preparation of Financial Statement and Filling for Tax Clearance Certificate (TCC)
- Advise management about issues such as resource utilization, tax strategies, and the assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
- Record cost of newly-acquired fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), track existing fixed assets, record depreciation, and account for the disposition of all fixed assets.
- Cross-check and confirm the accuracy of all payment invoices and follow up with customers to ensure prompt payment.
- Keep up to date with the latest changes to financial reporting standards.
- Take charge of the onboarding, training, and management of interns when necessary.
- Accounting, Banking and Finance or Economics graduate or similar disciplines with a minimum of 2.1 GPA
- 3-5 years of experience
- Working knowledge of accounting software
- Experienced in the preparation and filing of tax
- Must possess good writing and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A team player
- Great attitude and flexible.