54gene was founded in 2019 by Dr. Abasi Ene-Obong to address the significant gap in the global genomics market; Nearly 90% of genetic material used in pharmaceutical research is Caucasian. Only 2% is African, despite the fact that Africans and people of African ancestry are more genetically diverse than all other world populations combined.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Product Manager - Diagnostics Operations
Job Location: Lagos
Job Type: Full Time
Department: Diagnostics Operations
Reports to: VP Diagnostics
- The Product Manager - Diagnostics Operations, you will operate as the right-hand person to the VP Diagnostics, ensuring smooth coordination and communication within Product Development and with the broader organization.
- The role will be the interface between the engineering and consulting teams, and other stakeholders, such as Lab Operations, Engineering, Marketing and Sales. From early piloting and wide-scale deployment, the role will oversee the technical execution and business operations of the Diagnostics unit and platform products.
- The role will work on launching and landing product and technical solutions to ensure sales and implementation teams can effectively provide support to customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead strategy development for Diagnostics products (In partnership with the marketing teams)
- Drives and monitor end-to-end products development in respective to the Diagnostics unit, to deliver more value to customers faster and more consistently
- Design effective launch programs to ensure that new products and feature releases are usable and serviceable before broad-scale deployment.
- Drive alignment and efficiency around Diagnostics product across all departments during development, launch, and iteration
- Manage product life cycle and ensure consistent process improvements across all departments and on an ongoing basis
- Conceptualize, develop and Coordinate physical deployment of Diagnostics offerings (Sample collection Lounges) in partnership with operations, logistics and 3rd party partners in order to ensure integrity of the Diagnostics brand
- Aligning with Engineering teams to properly develop products process flows in order to meet the Diagnostics unit operational needs
- Work with marketing manager to make sure that stakeholders understand core functionality and new releases
- Serve revenue teams (sales, marketing, and customer support) by helping them understand the value behind Diagnostics products and features, so they can effectively communicate it to customers
- Serve end users or external customers through the customer facing teams to ensure we provide information that helps enhance the overall product experience
- Eliminate friction within the product experimentation process by tracking, sequencing, and implementing all experiments across departments
- Equipping Go-To-Market teams to support and launch new products through technical enablement (training, documentation, FAQs, etc)
- Work with marketing teams to generate and provide data that will need to make product decisions, not just the data they ask for.
- Actively maintaining a view of how the market, competition and technologies are evolving
- Creating structured product feedback loops, synthesize insights from multiple sources and ensure the voice of the customer shared throughout the organization
- Conduct research on the regulatory landscape in Africa as it relates to the approval of new Diagnostics products. Research findings to include country, regulatory agencies, regulatory requirements, timelines, and expectation.
- Manage analyses databases and input information, data, and records for the Diagnostics Unit
- Master’s degree in Life Science
- A previous experience in customer facing role would be a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong operational background and a track-record of making data-driven decisions
- Experience in companies that employ modern product management & software development techniques, especially modern customer validation
- Created and refined processes to get to the right outcomes faster (and enable quick course correction)
- An ability to execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5-7 years of experience in a dynamic product management role
- Proven experience overseeing all elements of the product development lifecycle
- Highly effective cross-functional team management
- Previous experience delivering finely-tuned product marketing strategies
- Exceptional writing and editing skills combined with strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in operations and technologies
- Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills