The National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) (formerly National Action Committee on AIDS) was established in February 2000 to coordinate the various activities of HIV/AIDS in the country.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Analyst
Supervisor: Technical Advisor, Data systems and Analytics
Duration of contract: 13 months
- The Data Analytics Advisor will work with the TA data systems and analytics to support NACA’s mandate by providing technical support that will enhance the Agency’s capacity to integrate data and analysis into routine decision making.
- He/she will take responsibility for meeting the Global Funds routine data reporting requirements for the NACA and its sub-recipients. He/she will provide strategic information analytic support to the PMU and the NACA DG and his team.
- The candidate should be broadly skilled in data analysis, visualization and transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports to support HIV/AIDS response.
- Support data analyses and provide technical assistance relevant to relevant departments in NACA (Surveillance, Research and M&E Department and Performance Management Department)
- Conduct monthly analysis of routine HIV data sets (PEPFAR, GF HIV, NCAPS) interpretation and support dissemination HIV-related routine and non-routine data and other performance indicators.
- Conduct regular routine program data review and trend analysis of HIV/AIDS datasets: PEPFAR; Global Fund HIV and NCAPS
- Provide technical support for national response partner’s performance analysis
- Interfaces with the Global Fund Coordinator on all GF related Data management issues.
- Provide leadership and technical guidance for the timely and complete collection, collation and analysis of National data for reporting in the PUDRs, CCM dashboard and other reporting requirements of the GF and Government of Nigeria
- Take leadership, participate and provide technical support for data/strategic information in proposal writing for Global Fund Grants
- Take the lead in the development of performance frameworks and programmatic gap analysis tables for the GF funding requests.
- Take the lead in data retrieval, analysis and reporting of grant performance indicators in the Performance Framework.
- Provide data management technical support to the IBBSS 2019; KP size estimates and any other surveys and surveillance activities during the period of this engagement
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Work with management to conceptualize new HIV/AIDS interventions and programs
- Perform any other tasks that may be requested by TA data systems and analytics and GF program coordinator
- First degree in Public Health, Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- Minimum of 2 years working experience in managing and analysing data as a data analyst
- Familiarity with HIV/AIDS programs especially donor funded programs in the country
- Experience working in Nigeria with Government and donor partners working in HIV/AIDS programs at national and state level respectively.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation of HIV/AIDS
- Demonstrate experience with DHIS and electronic medical records
- Have in-depth knowledge of existing country HIV/AIDS data sets and donor reporting requirements: PEPFAR; Global Fund HIV and NCAPS
- Proficiency in statistical software and data visualization tools
- Demonstrated skills in data analysis and visualization, monitoring systems, program coordination and implementation, and evaluation, preferably relating to HIV/AIDS or other public health programs.
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation and team building skills,
- Demonstrate ability to work independently.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)