Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc has been a part of the lives of Nigerians at home and abroad. Our global vision is to be a leading foods company in Africa providing high quality and affordable products in the most convenient ways to consumers through world class brands like Golden Penny Flour, Golden Penny Semovita, Goldenvita, Golden Pasta and Golden Noodles. The Company's flagship brand, Golden Penny, remains one of the best known and the preferred brands amongst bakers, confectioneries and consumers in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Compliance Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
Purpose of the Job
- Lead implementation and management of an effective compliance control system for providing reasonable assurance that cost effective mitigating controls are implemented to prevent and detect violations/noncompliance with corporate and applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
- Lead implementation and management of an effective compliance control system providing timely and accurate input to stakeholders to facilitate their adherence to regulatory requirements and compliance expectations.
- Work with legal team and other compliance owners to understand applicable regulations and regulatory risks.
- Monitor regulatory changes and provide technical guidance to the business on relevant regulatory issues that impact our compliance program. Support where needed with implementation of such developments.
- Collaborate with internal risk management teams to identify steps necessary to mitigate regulatory risks and provide those recommendations to management.
- Assist the Head, Risk & Operations prepare reports to governance committees including the Monthly Business Assurance Review Updates.
- Support in the maintenance and the ongoing effectiveness and implementation of all compliance policies and procedures across the business.
- First Degree / HND qualification in Accounting, Economics, Law or any related course.
- International qualifications on compliance will be a plus.
- 5 years of cognate experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrable experience assessing & interpreting risks.
The Person Must:
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have good time management skills.
- Have good analytical & critical thinking ability.
- Possess high attention to details and accuracy.