Ikore is an international development organization, offering innovative solutions to drive sustainable social and enterprise development. We work in hard-to-reach, economically deprived places across Nigeria and Africa, providing solutions that support inefficient markets and communities.
Our expertise is in Development Consulting, Research, Business Advisory and Enterprise Development across various sectors, using multiple approaches and covering several components. We facilitate market inclusion for improved productivity and a bumper harvest through capacity building, business model / strategy advisory, market linkages, social enterprises and research.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Communications Associate
Job Location: Abuja
- We seek to employ a dynamic and innovative person who has experience working in different Value chains across Nigeria and Africa.
- Someone who can work collectively with host communities, design home-grown solutions that improve the livelihood and resilience of the communities.
- Assist in setting the internal communication strategy and plans to support business requirements and deliver desired outcomes.
- Keep track of company related matters published in the media.
- Manage all aspects of Ikores brand identity and ensure that the principles and aesthetics are captured in all external communications.
- Draft media releases, and supervise listings and media kit development.
- Initiate, plan and Supervise media promotion of the organization.
- Edit company texts and communication material.
- Schedule, Authorize and manage advertising and promotion campaigns.
- Contribute towards company image through appearances and strategic planning.
- Record, Review and update company’s communication strategies.
- Provide administrative support to projects and internal teams.
- Assist in maintaining web content and executing social media strategies.
- Update databases and media lists.
- Track projects and media exposure
- Develop written materials, including briefing documents, communications plans and FAQs, reporting presentations, blog posts, and other collateral.
Required Skills and Experience
- NYSC serving or fresh graduate.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills for a wide range of internal and external audiences through long and short-form content, social media copy, and corporate materials.
- Ability to synthesize complex concepts to create key messages that are consistent but tailored to various stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex policy or research content into digestible, accessible communication for lay audiences.
- Proactive and energetic outlook with an understanding of fast paced environments.
- Knowledge of web content management systems; a basic understanding of HTML; and a knowledge of user experience, search engine optimization, and website best practices.
- Familiarity with agribusiness and livestock diseases.
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and/or similar tools for managing and analyzing digital communications.
- Knowledge in basic graphic design, video editing, and photography.
- Excellent collaboration skills, particularly in soliciting and incorporating critique and feedback from multiple stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others as well as independently.
- Detail oriented, excellent judgment, and highly organized work style.