MKOBO is a fully licensed Microfinance bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) in Lagos, Nigeria. MKOBO was conceived to help solve consumers’ need for access to short-term emergency credit. Our goal is to provide access to short term unsecured loans, which is easily accessible. We cater to the demography currently undeserved by the Commercial banks in our aim to help increase financial inclusion of the Nigerian population.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Backend Developer
Job Location: Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- As a Backend Engineer you will be working alongside the product teams to build scalable APIs. It is the perfect opportunity for someone who is experienced and passionate about scalable systems, clean code and is looking for a great fulltime role.
- While we currently build our systems in Java Spring Boot, it is not far core requirement, We believe the language is merely a tool in solving the problem, and we’re open to Engineers with experience of other stacks like NodeJS/Express with the flexibility to learn any language to solve any problem.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable Backend systems.
- Identify performance issues and bugs, and provide solutions to these problems.
- Work with other team members to ensure we are building the right product
- Participate in software requirement review, preliminary and critical designs, integration readiness review, and software acceptance review
- Pair-program with other developers or discuss possible technical architectures
- Contribute to creating a culture of writing excellent software
What We Are Looking For:
- University Degree in Informational Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related subject.
- Experience with Backend frameworks such as java spring boot or similar like NodeJS/Express,
- Mid to senior level Backend engineer experience
- At least 2 years commercial experience in similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of Scalable and distributed architectures.
- Excellent knowledge of SQL (MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Experience with NoSQL (MongoDB/CouchDB/ElasticSearch)
- Understanding of Code versioning tools like Git
- Understanding of Unit and Integration testing.
- Good understanding of APIs
- Superb organizational skills and attention to detail
- Create software technical documentation
- Proficient experience working on a variety of software development projects ·
- Ability to work to a strict deadline