FixAuto Workshop is currently recruiting suitable candidates to fill the position below:
Job Position: Automobile Workshop Manager
Job Location: Ajah, Lagos
The successful candidate will be required to:
- Have total responsibility for Mechanical and Body shop detailing and quality delivery.
- Be responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage the Workshop.
- Act as a technical expert in the workshop advising staff on the tasks that needs to be accomplished.
- Record observations and findings during diagnostics run and decide on the correct method of repair, as necessary.
- Ensure all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s standards & that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure operational safety and compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Delegate daily duties and supervise all work being carried out by the workshop staff.
- Control workshop tools and accessories inventory as well as keeping up to date with new technology tools that could be purchased by the company.
- Ensure workshop staff wear protective clothing (PPEs) at all times while in the workshop floor including all non-workshop/technical staff.
- Organize all customer rescue missions ensuring all resources and authorization required is acquired within the shortest time possible.
- Ensure properly documented job cards with clear instructions are opened for every repair/service/rescue job to be undertaken by the workshop staff and that all required information on each job card is properly maintained.
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced in accordance with the company’s service standards and that pro-active planned maintenance is carried out continuously.
- Ensure vehicles are mechanically sound and available for test before delivery to customer.
- Act as a technical expert in the Workshop, advising staff on tasks and sharing knowledge, for example through regular toolbox talks.
- In-still and maintain a strong health and safety culture amongst the Workshop team with a good understanding of risk assessments.
- Ensure that the workshop housekeeping and operating practices are of a high standard and that special tools and equipment are well maintained.
- Generate ad-hoc reports as required by the management.
- Establish efficient processes and structures in order to optimize the usage of available resources and to ensure quality in the deliverables.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- A good and relevant Education. A minimum of HND in Mechanical Engineering or any other related Engineering field is required
- At least 10 years working experience in the automobile industry
- Candidates should have practical/technical experience
- Must have previously held a supervisory role.
- Proficiency in computer packages e.g. Word, Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build strong rapport with others.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.