Synapse Services is a Centre for Psychological Medicine that is committed to providing a full range of mental health and substance misuse services in a caring, patient- centred environment. We are located in the heart of Nigeria - Abuja, with branches in Lagos, and Anambra state. We provide first class psychological and psychiatric care, with a range of therapeutic programs suited to individual needs.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Art Therapist
Job Location: Lagos Mainland, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Head, Art Therapist
- Assess patients’ needs or disorders, using drawing, painting, sculpting, or other artistic processes.
- Confer with other professionals on patients’ treatment team to develop, coordinate, or integrate treatment plans.
- Design art therapy sessions or programs to meet patients’ goals or objectives.
- Interpret the artistic creations of patients to assess their functioning, needs, or progress.
- Communicate patients’ assessment findings and recommendations in oral, written, audio, video, or other forms.
- Conduct art therapy sessions providing guided self-expression experiences to help patients’ recover from or cope with cognitive, emotional, or physical impairments.
- Observe and document patients’ reactions, progress, or other outcomes related to art therapy.
- Talk with patients during art or other therapy sessions to build rapport, acknowledge their progress, or reflect upon their reactions to the artistic process.
- Recommend and/or purchase needed art supplies or equipment.
- Minimum of B.Sc Degree in Creative / Fine art.
- Excellent artistic abilities, creativity, imagination and enthusiasm
- Maturity, patience, calm and respectful manner
- Ability to provide a trusting, open, kindhearted atmosphere that encourages learning and participation
- Business skills
- A strong empathy with and commitment to helping people from all walks of life
- Ability to deal with difficult, perhaps painful and embarrassing situations
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills
- A strong knowledge and understanding of the theory and practice of psychotherapy and the role art can play in treatment.