Riby is a Finance technology company. We provide a simple and smart finance management platform. Our solution provides cooperatives, company groups, employees, individuals, associations, and financial development institutions with features to manage their financial activities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Android Developer
Job Location: Lagos
- You are responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices.
- Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services.
- You will be working along-side other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
Qualifications and Skills
- B.Sc. / M.Sc. in any relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 working years’ experience
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services.
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate designs and wireframes into high quality code.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance, reusable, and reliable Java/kotlin code.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application.
- Identify, correct bottlenecks and fix bugs.
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization.
- Convert mock-ups and wireframes into actual Android app.
- Publish applications to Google Play Store.
- Ability to Implement Google Services – Geolocation Service
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers, Near Field Communication (NFC)
- Familiarity with Google location services
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks