Pally Agro Products Limited is a modern farm specialized in the production of various forms of Agricultural products with impeccable food standards and nature-right philosophy. Our products are carefully developed and bred to international specifications by experts, ensuring consumers of affordable products with premium quality. Located in Abeokuta Ogun State, It is one of the fastest growing farms in, Nigeria situated on huge acreage of land for our palm trees and plantain plantation, soya oil, poultry, a large quantity of commercial egg production.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Agronomist
Job Location: Ogun or Oyo
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are looking for a knowledgeable, thorough Agronomist who can develop better farming practices and find effective solutions for the food and farming industry.
- The Agronomist will conduct research and field checks, take samples and make observations, perform tests, and identify and solve problems related to plant or soil nutrition, damage from insects or wildlife, weather or climate changes, or the use of specialized products, such as pesticides, fertilizers, etc.
- Using this information, you will also help farmers develop techniques to increase crop quality and yield.
- Bachelor's degree in Agronomy, Agriculture, or related field.
- MUST be based in Ogun State or Oyo State
- Relevant experience with Arable Crops is a MUST.
- MUST be willing to relocate if necessary
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening and verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Sales and presentation skills are also a major plus.
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years Experience.
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques, improve crop yield, and solve problems facing the agriculture industry.
- Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Ability to grow Arable crops
- Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Keeping detailed records regarding fields, customers, crops, and samples.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Promoting products and techniques through educational presentations.
- Managing teams of scientists while conducting field visits or laboratory work.