Michael Stevens Consulting is a multi-disciplinary Human Resources, Development and Management Consulting practice firm, with offices in Lagos, Port-Harcourt as well as in Accra, Ghana. Since its establishment in 1991, Michael Stevens Consulting has grown to become a leader in the provision of high-value Human Resources, Business Advisory and Learning intervention solutions to multinationals, local corporate entities, government and multilateral organizations. The depth of our expertise, defined by a carefully selected pool of multi-disciplinary consultants ensure that we continue to be the firm of choice to our growing list of discerning clientele.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- Prepare financial statements (balance sheet, profit & loss accounts) in accordance with Nigeria and International Financial Accounting Standards.
- Perform month end and year end closing process and reporting to management team on timely basis.
- Verify collection and arrange for payment on daily basis.
- Prepare reconciliation for all Account Payables, Receivables, and control accounts.
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately.
- Prepare and submit tax reporting on time as well as arranging for related tax payments.
- Assist the HR in preparation and implementing of the payroll (computation of salary, other benefits, and deductions);
- The accountant reports to the Chief Executive Officer but has a dotted line reporting responsibility to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
- This role is based in Lagos, but the successful hire may be visiting other company outlets in other parts of the country.
- To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have a strong financial background and a solid understanding of accounting, as well as some years of experience in MN trading business.
- We are looking for a dynamic professional with strong ownership, a can-do attitude, good leadership skills and initiative to drive changes that impact the entire organization, including the ability to influence and motivate others, not limited to conflict resolution.
- Minimum of 10 years of working experience in similar roles
- Experience in handling local tax regulation (e.g, VAT/ CIT/ET/ withholding tax)
- Not more than 45 years of age
Annual remuneration of between N3,600,000 - N4,800,000