Garmspot Nigeria Limited is one of the fastest growing online retail stores in Nigeria, that specializes in creating, producing, marketing and distribution of cutting edge urbanwear brands, contemporary designs, and fashion accessories and beauty and grooming products. We aim to be the leading supplier of the best brands NigeriaAfrica has to offer. Using our web platform, Garmspot delivers pieces to our clientele from our regional centre in Lagos to all the corners of the world.
Our team is always working to build a unique merchant network in Africa focused on the trendiest apparel and accessories sourced from local and international brands alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Position: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
- Prepare forms and manuals for accounting and bookkeeping personnel, and direct their work activities.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements, financial reports and other financial statements to assess accuracy and ensure these reports conform to reporting and procedural standards.
- Prepare financial statements that may include monthly, quarterly and annual accounts based on financial information that is compiled and organized.
- Prepares asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Compute taxes owed and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payments, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Analyze business operations, financial forecasts, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations to project future revenues and expenses to provide effective advice and reporting where and when required.
- Advising on expenditure and revenue trends. etc
Required Skills and Competencies
- HND/B.Sc in Accounting or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Must be ACCA or ICAN certified
- Knowledge of basic accounting software usage such as Peachtree or Sage.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Clients (Word, Excel & Powerpoint).
- Must have previous experience dealing with reconciliations, invoices, and sales ledgers.
- Proficiency in budgeting and budgetary controls
- Strong analytical, technical, numeracy and financial skills to aid in executing tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strategic planning and thinking abilities.
- Articulate with adequate communication skills, interpersonal skills, strong team-building abilities, and negotiation skills.
- Good problem-solving skills and the ability to apply initiative in executing tasks.